Yummy Brown Rice, Turkey and Veggies Recipe for Your Senior Dog
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower (or chop two cups of fresh vegetables and cook them for about four minutes until they’re just starting to get tender but still firm)
- 6 cups water
- In a large pot, add the water, rice, ground turkey and rosemary.
- Stir to break up the turkey and ensure the ingredients are well mixed.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen or fresh vegetables. Continue to cook for five minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture cool before serving